Thursday, July 4, 2013

Heeeeere's Your Sign...

Last night at around 9pm, I couldn't sleep as usual. And my Shiloh of course off in warm milk and honey dreamy land, as soon as his head hits the pillow he is easily able to fall into a snoring, drooling slumber. I so envy his ability! I was tossing and turning with a nagging feeling that I couldn't shake...

(In my mind) :

"Coffee ready for the morning, check."

"Dishes done, check."

"Shiloh's clothes laid out for work, check."

"Fresh towel for his morning shower, check."

"Dinner planned out with prep work done ahead...ch...oh no..."

I jumped out of bed and raced to the freezer where I found the boneless beef short ribs sitting there starring back at me like, "Uh, hello lady..."

I tore open the cellophane and flung the ribs into my Crock Pot. I roughly chopped up an onion and a few garlic cloves and added a few dashes of pretty much every spice on the stove, dumped in some olive oil (why not?) and covered it with water and stuck the lid on. I wiped off the counters and went back to bed...

So, I guess the Crock Pot heat was still set when I put it away last time I used it, but when we woke up this morning the house smelled soooo amazingly yummy! The ribs were fall apart perfect and all I have to do tonight for dinner is sauté up some sliced mushrooms, make a pan gravy and boil up some egg noodles and it's dinner!

Dinner cooked itself and I got everything I needed to do today plus more, with time to just hang out (or write this mind blowing blog post, rather). I burned my tongue on hot coffee this morning which would have normally ruined my day, but on a day when your dinner is already good to go, who can complain??? So tonight Shi and I are going to watch Ever After and eat a rustic renaissance-y dinner. Yay!

These are the things I get excited about now that I'm 27... heeeeeeere's your sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment